System Documentation for Large-scale Integration
To control installation time and increase product value, complex projects require accurate documentation. This is the inner workings, the overviews, the cheat-sheets, and the wire-by-wire system reality. Although system docs are never more important than system delivery, they’re fundamental to a quality installation.
Typical Documentation Usage:
- Before client buy-off, documentation specifies scope of work and supports proposal generation.
- In-project, the Installation team relies on system docs (interconnect tables) to create the actual system.
- The project manager controls materials costs and tracks installation progress using system docs.
- In the case of facilities under construction, documentation reduces conflicts with peer contractors.
- Finally, versions of the master system documentation are provided to client to define work completed, to client operations & users to more easily utilize the new systems, and to client technical staff for support purposes.
Can also create ad-hoc system diagrams as required to illustrate our solutions & their impact to client staff or peer contractors.
Documentation for Integrated Systems
Have developed and maintained system documents in the Broadcast, Audio Production and A/V Integration industries beginning in 1995.
General System Documentation
Design to spec (or collaborate with or support other design engineers) at most levels of electronic systems detail, from facility architectural drawings down to individual conductors.
System content: Audio & video (digital & analog), IT, control, phone systems, digital microwave, networks, digital storage & delivery systems, media production sw, Apple hw & sw, Mac & iOS integration.
Provide detailed wire-by-wire interconnect tables to installation team.
Create system function diagrams describing the range of systems above for integration use or as deliverable.
Can read electronic schematics (some experience in circuit design).
Some experience with technical drawing for custom fabrication.
Supporting the lead design engineer & other team designers
Intermediary between the lead design engineer and installation teams, finishing out functional or installation details as required, and designing sub-systems or modifications as directed by Design Lead.
Provide documentation support for our company’s designers, including integration of their system or sub-system designs into our master reference doc set.
Creating/maintaining documentation versions to support sales, installation, management, & the completed installation.
Create detailed interconnect tables for installation teams and managers.
Create simplified system diagrams illustrating scope of work to support efforts of our sales staff (essential system function plus overlays of additional available functionality to satisfy the client’s value requirements)